Harry Potter is a fictional book series written by J.K. Rowling. Since its debut, it's amassed an enormous fanbase and has spawned eight live-action film adaptations. It follows the exploits of the titular character, boy wizard Harry Potter, as he confronts several supernatural foes, not the least of which is the dark wizard Lord Voldemort, aka "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" aka Tom Riddle or You-Know-Who.
Harry Potter vs. TwilightEdit
- 7 books, including The Philosopher's Stone/The Sorcerer's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire, The Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, and The Deathly Hallows, not to mention the spin-offs, oh yeah!
- Likeable main characters, each with their own distinct, realistic, as well as complicated personality and use in the series. (Hell, even some of the animals have some personality)
- Movie adaptations with actual effort put into them.
- No glitter whatsoever. There's magic wands, sure, but they don't sparkle.
- A sad story behind the creation of it.
- Real love. Eg., the love between a mother and child (like Lily and Harry), love between friends (Harry, Ron and Hermione, and also the whole school being ready to die for each other in the final battle), love turning evil to good (Snape), and romantic love (Ron and Hermione, Harry and Ginny, James and Lily, etc.).
- J.K. Rowling is a great author
- Not sexist or racist. (In fact is against both, showing equal numbers of male and female characters in strong roles throughout the series from the founders of Hogwarts through to present day, and also holding strong anti-racist themes with the main villian having strong prejudices against non magical people and wizards from non magical families while the 'good guys' fight to protect these people. Remember "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!"?)
- Non-sparkly villians who can genuinely scare you (how does a psychopath incapable of love sound?).
- A complex plot with subtle (hear that, Meyer?) foreshadowing and completely unexpected twists and turns.
- Promotes friendship, loyalty, ambition, supporting friends, and shows how to live through life when you have already lost so much.
- Properly thought out before writing even though the idea came to JK Rowling on the train.
- Harry Potter is liked by all generations and by both genders.
- Harry gives all the minor characters chances to be his friend.
- JK Rowling is NOT afraid to kill off the likeable characters (R.I.P. Fred).
-Link between title and plot.
- Based on Rowling's own life.
- Bland, uninteresting characters with no personality outside of OMGZ SO HAAAAAAAAWTT!111!!!apple!!!!!sparklesparkle!!4141!
upbeat even sadder story behind the creation of it, do yourself a favor and don't look it up.
- Stephenie Meyer is the devil (oh, and she's really bad at writing)
- Sparkly, not-scary-whatsoever villains who just fail at villainy.
- What should be a plot is instead one big love letter to Edward.
- Promotes stalking, pedophilia/necrophilia, sexual harassment, breaking the law, and relationship abuse.
- Over-use of the most over-used plot for romance stories: Love-triangles and High School romance.
- No research prior to writing, thus failing in Geography, History, Science [Biology], and English.
- Twilight is made for shallow pre-teen girls, sex deprived housewives, and men who cannot get a girlfriend.
- Bella has absolutely no ambition other than marrying Edward and having demon spawn. Useless character.
- Plot holes that have more questions unanswered than holes in cheese.
- 100s of pages of nothing.
- In Twilight all the good guys are beautiful and all the bad guys are ugly.
- Minor characters are unfairly treated by the bitch we know as Bella.
- SMeyers cannot bear to kill off any of the Cullens or werewolves. She kills off the strong characters and leaves ALL the weak characters.
- The Twilight 'saga' is SMeyer's selfish wish-fulfillment/sexual fantasy.
- Based on a wet dream.
So, to summarize-
- "Harry Potter is about friendships, bravery and the importance of choices. Twilight is about having a boyfriend"
- ―Any sane person
So why are they being compared by people in the first place? The answer: Robert Pattinson. And the fact that there is a Black in Twilight and Harry Potter who can turn into dogs. Also, Twilight has the Clearwaters, like Harry Potter. They also both have Harrys (the Twilight is even a Clearwater).
TWILITE IS SOOOO MUCH BETTA THEN HARY PTTR!!!!!!! BF923891-17FD-5641-7539-CE7289BF4DE61.02.28